Lisa G. Han’s health care practice includes mergers, acquisitions and restructurings of insurance companies and health care entities; strategic alliances between hospitals and physicians; reimbursement issues between providers and payers including product and network issues, prompt payment compliance, audits and recovery; complex managed care contract negotiations; and regulatory compliance for health care providers.
Ms. Han is a member of numerous professional organizations including the American Health Lawyers Association and Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys. She also is a member of the Health Law and International Law Sections of the American Bar Association, Health Care Law Committee of the Columbus Bar Association and Health Care Law Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association.
Ms. Han has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America each year since 2003 and named an Ohio Super Lawyer by Law & Politics magazine each year since 2004, including being named one of the “Top 25 Women in Columbus” in 2010.
Ms. Han has been a featured speaker on health care topics at numerous industry conferences and frequently authors articles for health care-related publications, including Health Law Strategist, and organizations including the chapter "Government Payors” for Health Plans Contracting Handbook, 5th edition, American Health Lawyers Association (2008).
Languages: English, Chinese (Mandarin)
- Providing counsel on formation and operation of integrated delivery systems consisting of multiple hospitals, major physician groups and other health care providers.
- Assisting health care providers on various operational issues with bioethics implications such as drafting patient and donor consents and agreements for cryopreservation of embryos, agreements for various IVF and fertility procedures, disposition of frozen embryos/sperm and ovums, and preparing relevant policies and procedures.
- Providing counsel in negotiating major reimbursement agreements between providers and payers, and successful resolution of disputes over audits and recovery.
- Providing counsel in the acquisition, sale, restructuring and expansion of managed care plans and approvals from federal and state regulatory authorities.
- Providing counsel on formation and operation of life and health, property and casualty insurance companies, and various types of managed care plans such as PPOs and HMOs.
- Providing legislative support and expert witness testimony on a variety of provider/payer issues including mandated benefits, credentialing, rental network and most favored nation provisions.
- Providing counsel on government health plans and programs such as Medicare Advantage – Prescription Drug Programs, Medicaid managed care plans and federal employee health care programs.
Providing counsel on the formation of health insurance purchasing groups including health insurance alliances and co-ops.